AOS space data links: Published standards
The Consultative Committee for Space Data Systems (CCSDS) publishes recommended standards for the AOS (Advanced Orbiting Systems) space data link for telemetry and telecommand. The standards define protocols, procedures and data structures, including the AOS Transfer Frame.
The current CCSDS documents can be downloaded from their website at http://public.ccsds.org/. The CCSDS site also provides a link to the registry of the Space Assigned Numbers Authority.
Note: The AOS standards define the AOS Space Data Link Protocol for handling AOS Transfer Frames (Version-2 Transfer Frames). The telemetry standards define the TM Space Data Link Protocol for handling TM Transfer Frames (Version-1 Transfer Frames).
CCSDS recommended standards for AOS data links
- AOS Space Data Link Protocol, CCSDS 732.0-B-3, September 2015
- TM Synchronization and Channel Coding, CCSDS 131.0-B-3, September 2017
plus related standards:
- Space Packet Protocol, CCSDS 133.0-B-1, September 2003 (with Technical Corrigendum 1 and 2, September 2010 and 2012)
- Encapsulation Service, CCSDS 133.1-B-2, October 2009 (with Technical Corrigendum 1 and 2, September 2012 and April 2014)
- Space Assigned Numbers Authority (SANA) (replaces CCSDS 135.0-B)
CCSDS original recommendations for AOS data links
- Advanced Orbiting Systems, Networks and Data Links, CCSDS 701.0-B-3-S, June 2001
The CCSDS original recommendations for AOS are now obsolete (silver status). They had a wider scope than the current standards.