Our software Shell packages are components for developing telecommand and telemetry systems supporting CCSDS, ESA and ECSS standards and recommendations. They have been used in many operational space applications.
The Shells are all highly portable and can be used on any system with an ANSI-standard C compiler. They are off-the-shelf software components for building
- spacecraft ground control systems
- on-board spacecraft control systems
- spacecraft ground testing systems (EGSE)
- simulators and demonstrations.
Telecommand productsTwo Shells support spacecraft telecommand, including the TC Space Data Link Protocol, the Communications Operation Procedure-1 (COP-1) and the channel coding (BCH code):
In earlier CCSDS and ESA standards, the TC Space Data Link Protocol was called Packet Telecommand.
We provide support for two types of telecommand security:
- Segment Level Security Interface (SLSI) for external implementation of security features
- Telecommand Authentication with the ESA Authentication Unit (AU)
- SLSI is available as an option in the Telecommand Encoder Shell and in the Telecommand Decoder Shell.
- The ESA AU is available as an option in the Telecommand Encoder Shell and in the Telecommand Decoder Shell.
- A free-standing Authentication Unit Shell package is available.
Telemetry and AOS products
Two Shells support spacecraft telemetry, including the TM Space Data Link Protocol:
In earlier CCSDS and ESA standards, the TM Space Data Link Protocol was called Packet Telemetry.
Two Shells support Advanced Orbiting Systems (AOS) telemetry and telecommand, including the AOS Space Data Link Protocol: