Our software products support the international standards for telecommand and telemetry protocols, published by CCSDS, ECSS and the European Space Agency (ESA):
- TC standards, used for telecommand uplinks
- TM standards, used for telemetry downlinks
- AOS standards, used for high-speed telemetry downlinks and also for higher-speed uplinks.
By defining the standards, CCSDS (Consultative Committee for Space Data Systems) and ECSS (European Cooperation for Space Standardization) aim to:
- enable improved spacecraft link performance, such as higher throughput
- reduce mission costs
- enable greater cross-support for missions between different space agencies.
Standardized protocols encourage the development and availability of components, such as our telecommand and telemetry products.
NOTE: Earlier issues of the CCSDS and ESA standards use the terms Packet Telecommand and Packet Telemetry for the protocols that transport data in telecommand or telemetry transfer frames. The protocols are not limited to packets, so current issues of the standards no longer use the terms.