Telemetry Decoder Shell package: Detailed description
The Telemetry Decoder Shell is a software package, designed to be built into a software system for a telemetry application. The part of the software system which lies outside the Shell is called the Telemetry Decoder Environment. The API (Application Programming Interface) consists of function calls between the Environment and the Telemetry Decoder Shell.
There are telemetry interfaces in the API, shown by left-to-right arrows in the diagram. The Environment calls the Shell to pass telemetry transfer frames to the Shell.
The Shell calls the Environment to:
- deliver packets to the Environment
- deliver data from OCF and FSH fields to the Environment.
There are management interfaces in the API, shown by downwards arrows in the diagram. The Environment calls the Shell to:
- initialise, configure and terminate the Shell
- pass control of the CPU to the Shell (scheduling)
- get optional status reports.
The Shell calls the Environment for storage allocation and for the optional logging of messages.
Telemetry Decoder Shell package
The Telemetry Decoder Shell package consists of:
- a set of C header files defining the interfaces
- a sample user program to demonstrate use of the Shell, including examples of all the Environment functions which are called by the Shell
- a library of modules implementing the Telemetry Decoder Shell
- the Telemetry Decoder Shell Software User Manual.
The Telemetry Decoder Shell supports the telemetry features.
A telemetry system built with this package is likely to cost very much less than independent development of an equivalent capability. Licensing and support may be negotiated according to requirements.
The Telemetry Decoder Shell code is written in ANSI/ISO 9899-1990 C and is highly modular and easy to maintain. The code makes no calls to the operating system run-time libraries and it is therefore easily portable to different computer architectures. The code has been compiled by several independent ANSI C compilers and the demonstration program produces identical results in each case.
Please contact us for further information on technical questions or licensing conditions for the Telemetry Decoder Shell package.